Friday, February 21, 2014

City Streets

       I have a tinge of regret for not photographing more in the cities, because what I came away with was usually pretty neat. Although it is proper etiquette to ask people's permission to take their photo, I wanted to capture candid moments. So usually my photos turned out blurry and off-kilter, but I think that makes them all the better. I chose to shoot in black and white because that's the mood I always seemed to be in the big cities... just kinda gray.

So today, I will let the photos tell the story. 




 









       
 















For me to look back on these, it's painful to realize that I could have ever felt like I wasn't a part of all this, that it was a separate reality from my own. Truth is, we are all one. One mans poverty is my own. One mans struggle is my own. And one mans happiness is my own.
If we all just realize that we are one and simply live in love, compassion, and generosity,
who knows what greatness could manifest. 


"Travel brings power and love back into your life."
                                                                    -Rumi

No comments:

Post a Comment