Saturday, February 14, 2015

True West.



There's nothing more invigorating and more intimidating than a blank white page. 





I am sitting on top of my sticker-covered bear canister, looking out the windows of BYV at the amazing mountain ranges surrounding me. This is my sacred space. This is where I come to clear my mind, to just be. Cody, Wyoming has once again stolen my heart and left me in awe of this being my hometown, where I grew up, and where I live now. Wyoming is EPIC.

Even the coffee tastes better here. 




Life lately…just wow. 

I welcomed the end of 2014 with all my heart. It was an amazing year for sure, but definitely one of great struggle, great change, and great times I was ready to leave behind. It's almost as if life had to continually slap me in the face to remind me of the path I should be on. A path of pursuing my passions with no resistance. It took an entire year of being lost to find myself right back at the starting point, this time exactly where I need to be, not only physically but mentally. 



In January, I left Wyoming in a whirlwind of mixed emotions. Anxiety, excitement, stress, joy, fear, resistance and openness in all forms.  

I flew to Asheville, North Carolina and started my first yoga teacher training immersion. The three weeks spent there are beyond words. I was immersed in yoga from 8am-5pm six days a week, immersed with 23 fellow students and various teachers, immersed in a lifestyle that I have been in desperate need of for quite some time. 
I learned more in those three weeks than I ever imagined. And not just about what I thought yoga was, but what it really is, and mostly about my self. I learned that I need to allow time to be present for all the things I truly love to do. Seems so simple!

This has already opened up so many amazing opportunities to teach yoga. I am helping host a Kundalini yoga and life-coaching workshop in March with Virginia and my new teacher, Prakash. And will also be teaching at The Healing Space in Cody starting in a couple weeks. It is a visionary space, looking to heal people through many different holistic methods. I am humbled to be a part of this team. 




I am once again living in BYV, realizing that this is actually a huge part of my identity now. To live simply, humbly, and close to the earth, that's what I want. To sleep under the stars in a different spot each night, that's what I love. To have few possessions and so much space, that's what we all need. 

Van life for life. 

Virginia and I are also in the process of developing our personal brand to represent Yoga -- True West. The idea behind this is to just live and portray our beliefs in how life should be lived: sustainably, with love, and with presence. Stay tuned for more about True West! 



I have figured out what I am meant to do, now all that's left is to do it. Be it. And be it NOW.

-with light

No comments:

Post a Comment